Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Last summer I did post about myself that set off a "shit storm." Yep, I said it, SHIT STORM, and again the post was about myself. Long story short I have been very hesitant to open up and share or freely blog since then and have been pressured to stop blogging. Again the post was about myself. With all that said, I have been doing a lot of thinking lately and have decided that yes my feeling get hurt sometimes ( I am not the cold hearted bitch most people think I am) but this is my blog and I love it and if you don't then file a complaint. I am going to be as honest as I can be and it may help and it may hurt but either way it is what it is.
A few things to get straight:
* I DO say naughty words (not constantly or like a sailor) but I do, and once a month I play cards and our favorite word is the big "F" word (no children are present).
* I drink Diet Coke constantly, yes I know it's filled with toxins and horrible crap, but that horrible crap fills my veins with love and comfort. I can not get enough and usually have a pink cooler in my car filled with them on ice. Save the speech!
* Wine is nice but I'd prefer a shot or two of Patron. If that puts me in the corner with the alcoholics than I'll bring the limes.
* My children are perfect in my eyes ( don't you think yours are), don't go near them.
* I wore the same pair of jeans twice this week (it's Wednesday). I'd rather clean toilets than fold clothes.
* Liposuction - HELL YES!!!!! That's one of those, if I won the lottery what would I do...
Knee, then arms. I hate my knees the most and my arms are second.
* Apparently I have a gluten allergy and I SUCK at managing it. But I am a PRO at managing my BEE allergy.
* I'm loud, hardworking, creative (so I've been told), and sleep very little.
* I love, love, love, to stay up very late and tend to buy the worst infomercial stuff. Everything looks awesome at 3:00a.m.
* Here's one I believe most people are not truly honest about when talking to others about (especially about their children) - Whether they are competitive or not, the whole sink or swim, we are here for fun or are we here to win, 1st or last it doesn't matter, you get the picture. Well I'm being honest so (and this is NOT a secret if you know me) I am VERY competitive and believe it is only natural for people to be competitive. I do not think it has be bad, it does not make you a bad person unless you choose for it to make you a bad person. I have had an unfortunate time or two or three where my competitive nature did get the much better side of me and for that I apologize. Overall competition is what I believe pushes people, makes some strive harder, it's a driving force. Use it for good and not evil.
* I am organized, down to my obsession with lip gloss (and every shade of pink made especially by MAC and Chanel), and designer handbags.
* Mascara is a beautiful thing (my absolute fav brand is YSL), I am a Make Up Junkie and I am positive Tammy Faye Baker and Mary Kay Ash could have been my BFF's. I was meant to drive a pink Cadillac.I do not sell MK cosmetics, and I do not care if driving a pink Cadillac sounds tacky, I am from Texas. Here most would say, "The higher the hair the closer to heaven" I am not about the high hair, but the longer the lashes, the louder I am!
* Saying all that reminds me of Mary Kay clear lip gloss, I think I need to get some.
* I love silver serving pieces, china, crystal and cutting boards (cutting boards are odd, I know). When I do cook I am insistent the table look beautiful.
* I've always secretly wanted to be a horse judge (not a secret anymore).
* I do not have a tattoo. Not my thing, if it's your thing ok, I don't care. If you catch me looking I swear it's only because you put it there why can't I look. If I have on jewelry and you look I promise I will not get pissed.
* I never ever thought I'd leave Houston and live in a small town. I still wake up some mornings in shock.
* I read all the time, and everything. I am the person who reads the directions. I cry when I finish reading a book. I tend to read more non fiction. My ipad is full of news apps, books, lots of things to read, very few games ( Jeopardy and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire). I also read a ton of magazines and it is so hard to subscribe, because they hit the newsstand's quicker than they do my mailbox. That should tell you I am inpatient.
* I'm in Garden Club and do NOT do my own yard, garden or any thing with flowers. Except arrange them.
* LIFE IS TO SHORT TO PEOPLE PLEASE. I might have more friends if I did that, but the friends I have are great. So quality over quantity.
* I am probably the only woman on earth who does not like to wear black. I know I have a black dress on in my profile picture, I swear I must have just come from a funeral. I hate black clothing. I love white, tan (kind of flax color), denim, turquoise, but really I like white for personal style (clothes) and big jewelry. For my home I'm open and feel like every room needs a little something ( a box, a pillow, tray, something) red in it. My formal dinning room is like a big green apple, I love it.
* Cats suck, I couldn't have a dog when I was a kid. If you are related to me, please save your comments I do not care. I hate cats! I always wanted a dog when I was a little kid, and now my children have three ( a yorkie/ Rupert 7 yrs, a miniature schnauzer/ Sara 4 yrs and an Airedale/ Harriet 7 months ). We love our dogs. I want to add one more to the mix, I swear we are not animal hoarders, but I want a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Okay maybe we are, that sounds really creepy when I read it back. No more dogs.
* I'm scared to death of rodents and birds. The bird story involves a bag of Cheetos, my hair and screaming.
* I live in Texas and yes we wear boots, and sometimes hats, we do have horses, and I am as unTexan as it gets with the next sentence I am about to type - but I HATE bar-be-ques. I do not like the smell of smoke, the sauce, the fire, flames or flavor. All of it makes me want to vomit like a child being forced to eat spinach. Now put a hamburger in front of me and I'm as happy as a alcoholic with a bottle of Patron.
* I love my family, all of them even the ones that hate my blog.